Tuesday, November 14, 2006
This site is dedicated to history--but the kind academics are taught to ignore. I mean history and historians with an ax to grind. One man's statement of truth is the other guy's propaganda, and I relish finding and examining the most dogmatic examples balderdash from any generation. I refuse to limit this type of writing to the Soviets, or the National Socialists. We can find examples from the early modern period, all the way back to Thucydidies bad-mouthing Herodotus.
- Name: Misha Griffith
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
I am a shy person, but I can't shut up about certain things. I love to work with my hands, so I'm studying toward becoming a history professor. I love to sleep, consequently I stay up too late. I love being a mom, but my son acts far more mature than me most days. I love to cook, so I relish being taken out to dinner. My husband thinks I'm wierd.
- A nice mixture of sweet and sour
- Gutenberg-e and the direction of monographs
- Photoshopped, and I'm out of cash...The REAL entry...
- Thoughts on Final Project
- Changing into our pedagogical hats.
- Maps, I love maps!
- Mash-up or fender bender?
- So what is at the Bottom?
- Treading on toes
- Propaganda Redux